Looking for a healthier alternative to your usual meat or beefy burgers?
Here is a recipe that I’ve perfected– Burgers made of black beans!!!
This recipe is Vegan & Gluten Free, so if you have these dietary restrictions- this recipe is prefect for you. Not only is it healthy, but it is extremely easy to make and only takes a couple of steps.
These burgers are not only delicious and healthy, but they are also super filling!! I’d like to start off with the benefits of black beans… I wasn’t even aware how great these are for you!!
Benefits of Black Beans
- Helps strengthen bones
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Manages Diabetes
- Fights Heart Diseases
- Prevents Cancer
- Helps with Digestion
- Weight Loss
To read more about these benefits, click here.
Now that we know the health benefits of these tasty burgers, let’s get cooking!
1 can black beans
1 small onion, diced
3 green onions, diced
2 tbsp garlic powder or minced garlic
1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
1 Egg or (for vegan substitute add 1/4 cup avocado)
2-3 peppers of choice (I used red & yellow), julienne
1 onion, julienne
Avocado (I used left overs from above)
Lettuce (for low carb option), but you may use bread if this does not concern you.
Optional: hot peppers, pepper flakes, pepper, salt.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Rinse black beans under cold water
- Mash black beans with masher until you no longer can see any beans
- Add 1/4 cup of avocado, blend together
- Add 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs, mix
- Add garlic, onion, green onion, mix
- Optional: Add hot peppers, or pepper flakes for a spicy kick
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Grease baking sheet with coconut oi
- Form patties with hand, place on baking sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes on each side (depending on thickness)
A lil’ extra lovin’
This is optional, and it’s something that I love to do!
I love the taste of roasted peppers, but instead of buying the pre-made ones in a jar- I love make it myself, it’s super simple and DELICIOUS!!!
- In a separate baking pan, throw in julienne peppers and onions
- Add a dash of salt and pepper
- Cover peppers and onion in a heaping table spoon of coconut oil
- Cover in tin foil
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes covered
- Remove tin foil, bake for another 10 minutes
Add your topics to the burger, and put it in between the lettuce or bun of your choice!
I hope you guys enjoy this healthy, hearty, and delicious meal!